29 July 2011

l'amour


Okay, so I know the title says "love" but my French isn't that great, and I wasn't going to somehow figure out how to say "bridal shower" in French, and then expect everyone to know what it means. So, love it is. :)
I had my bridal shower last Saturday! My two favorite Melissa's (sister and friend) threw it for me at Melissa (friends) house and did an am.az.ing. job. It was a French tea party theme.  Melissa (friend) did the decorating and it was beautiful, she is so stinking talented. 


At first I was a little bit hesitant. I wasn't quite sure how I felt going to a party for me, just so people could give me presents. I know it's tradition, but it was a little but hard to get used to. While I was opening presents I was amazed at how generous people are! All I have to say is THANK YOU. Everyone was so kind, and I loved how creative presents got.  


One of the highlights of the shower was (drumroll please)................... my bestfriend in the whole wide world, SARAH CHILDS came down from Provo to surprise me! On Friday night her roommate offered to drive her down to Vegas for my shower. Needless to say, I was shocked (a happy shocked of course) to see her there, I even started to cry. 


My other best friend also made an appearance, of sorts. It was a fun game that consisted of me putting gum in my mouth. Thankfully because my future husband is a genius, the gum chewing was a minimum. 

1 comment:

  1. Too bad Co and I didn't know about so we couldn't surprise you :(

    ReplyDelete