07 October 2012

highlights


One of my most favorite things about the church I belong to is the chance that we have to listen to the Prophet(s) of the Lord twice a year. (plus, who doesn't love being able to have church on their couch in PJ's? Just sayin') On my favorite family traditions is having breakfast with family friends (usually waffles) before the morning session. This year Robert and I had some friends over on Saturday morning for waffles and a hash.

We were just sitting down to our waffles when we heard the announcement that has gone viral. (the poor people who aren't a member of my church are probably very confused by all the talk on FB). Young Men can now go on missions at the age of 18, after they have graduated high school. The age for women has also decreased two years, to 19! In summary, this is what was gained from Saturday morning:



(my awesome aunt made this)

picture via



picture via

And then there was the talk given by Dallin H. Oaks. This was one of my favorite talks given in the past two days; before this talk the subject on which he spoke has been on my mind, a lot. I am convinced, LDS or not, everyone in the world needs to see/hear/read this talk: 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! We were pretty stoked about the missionary thing at our house. Liz is probably changing her freshman plans for next year.

    Hope you don't mind if I steal the pict...

    ReplyDelete