21 January 2013

Civil Rights

I love holidays- I love holidays even more when it means you can celebrate with a day off of school (which never happens in college). It was once known as Martin Luther King day, but this year I discovered that they changed it to Civil Rights day. Why? I am not quite sure, but either way I am grateful for civil rights.

In celebration, we went cross-country skiing up to Mesa Falls (last date recap) with some of our friends. The weather was beautiful. (It wasn't -20 and snowing, so I was happy.) Once we got to Mesa Falls the sight was un.real. The falls were almost all ice, and it was breathtaking. Robert went out onto the ice (which I didn't get a picture of), but it cracked and he almost died.





Sitting on the bench was actually more like sitting on the ground.






After our cross-country skiing adventure we had some other friends over for dinner! Yay for delicious risotto and great company. They had a baby cute 5 month baby girl, and she is just the sweetest thing, ever.

Happy Civil Rights/Martin Luther King Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment