- Spent four days being "counselors" for Freshman orientation. It was probably one of the coolest experiences of my life, and I am glad that Robert and I got to do it together.
- Sent off medical school applications (and let me tell you- the bills for medical school start WAY before you actual get accepted into a medical school. Geez. Who knew it costs $300 to process an application?!)
- Broken a laptop (this is probably still too soon for Robert- the poor guy feels awful)
- Bought a new Mac
- Left the house at 7 am and gotten home at 7 pm. Everyday.
- Started a business for IBC (or at least Robert has)
- Became a nutritionist for "the biggest winner"
- Started personal training
- and........... Tried not to die because of all the smoke here. Literally. There have been fires everywhere and we can't see down the road because of all the smoke. I feel like I have been living in a smokehouse.
That's life in a wrap. It's wonderful, and we are both happy as can be (and busy). Robert leaves next week for his little company IBC camping trip and I have to survive three whole days at home. by myself. I guess it's just getting me ready for next year- when Robert is in med school, right?
Picture this--you marry someone who grew up in Nadine's home...
ReplyDeleteSo when we were first married, we'd leave the house at 7am and return at 7pm, riding to and from school together and then working, etc..Then we'd meet up and ride home together. We'd walk in the door, and Paul would start looking around for the homemade cookies and bread.
"Where are the cookies?" He'd finally ask.
"Uh, did you come home and make some today? Because I left the same time that you did."
I've known Nadine for at least 25 years and I've never dropped in without finding homemade bread on the counter and cookies in the jar.
If you thought that I changed him, think again. Now when he comes home I try to have cookies.
Your post took me back. Thanks. This is such a fun, exciting, crazy, exhausting time of life! Good luck!