15 January 2013

Family Pictures

This year we took family pictures. With two of my sisters having superb child making qualities combined with my impressive mate catching skills- our family pictures were a little out dated.

The first thing that my dad's clients (or his unforgiving daughters) make fun of  see when they walk into his office an overly large portrait of my mother that looks eerily as if the producers of Napoleon Dynamite used my mom as a model for  the "Portrait's by Deb" logo. 


We convinced our photographer to take non-glamour shots of my mother.
So, there was one success. On the other hand, somehow the photographer knew that may or may not have the tendency to openly silently mock cheesy and awkward engagement pictures. 
Who thought this was a good idea, I don't know. Before I knew it the photographer was telling me to straddle Robert and karma was catching up to me. 


worst.idea.ever.


After a year and a half of marriage, we clearly look like different people. So, now we have something to replace our "young-in" engagement pictures.





Family pictures always end up with a few gems, so here are my favorite awkward pictures: (apart from the previous straddling)


My mom's face (or lack thereof) sums up the past thirty years. "why oh why did I end up with 6 daughters who all have first child syndrome?". That's what two oldest children get for marrying each other. 6 oldest children.

Now in all seriousness, here are our real, noteworthy family pictures:

The Elliotts

Pappy-La-Pue & Mammie

 Call's

 The Family
 Purcell's 
(notice Emerson's incredible ability to stare down anyone.....you'll never guess who he got that from)
 Grandchildren


 Original Wixom's

 Wixom Women. 

 Sisters.

And here is to my parents for having quite the lovely gene pool.




4 comments:

  1. Oh my word Claire this is too cute! It makes me miss you! Okay, can I just say, you are a total babe!!! You look amazing in these pictures...like a model! Also your whole family looks great! So here's to the Wixom women... and their men...and their children. You are all so wonderful, beautiful and lovely (which there is a difference between the two). Pass my love on to your whole herd/clan and know that I love you. I'm so happy that you are happy and in love and gorgeous. Miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your family! Seriously- gorgeous! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome family picts!

    I agree, you should blow up the straddle engagement picture and hang it above the fireplace.

    (At least your engagement pictures aren't a sampling of 80's hair, frozen in time. Of course the trade off is that I was a trim size 4 back then, but then again, I was just a little kid.)

    Thanks for sharing. Fun Christmas stuff, too. Hope you both survive this final semester!

    Jeri

    ReplyDelete