Every week I am most surely feeling more and more pregnant. It is safe to say that this little boy grew up as high as he possibly could (he was kicking my diaphragm a few weeks ago) , and is now starting to grow out. It is nice that I feel like I am looking pregnant during my third trimester!
Cravings/Aversions: I feel like I could almost eliminate this category from my updates! It's pretty much been the same thing from the start: turkey, stuffing or cranberry sauce makes me want to gag, but pizza and anything liquid and cold sounds like heaven. Also, I don't know why, but salad bars have sounded amazing the last few weeks.
Books: On Tuesday I got The Bradley Method: A Husband Coached Childbirth (finally!!!) and I have to say it has been my favorite book about birth that I have read. I am pretty much done with it, and now Robert gets to read it, since it is actually meant for husbands. I know it may sound odd, but between our child birth class and this book, Robert and I are really excited for the whole experience of birthing a child. On a different book note, if any of you want a quick and easy, but spectacular read, I would recommend the Legend trilogy. Robert and I are eating them up!
Exercise: I do have to say that exercising has gotten a little more difficult as of late, mostly because my muscles, especially lower body/legs, just feel different. I am still running about 20-25 (depending on my work schedule) miles per week and lifting just about every time I run. Now that I am showing, I definitely get strange looks when I am at the squatting rack; yes, it makes me feel self conscious sometimes but I have to remind myself that I know my body more than anyone else does, and lifting hasn't done anything but help me tremendously during this fun 9 months of my life :)
Excitement/Concerns: This baby and I finally have a doctor in Reno! It was an answer to many a prayers and relieved many concerns that we found a doctor to take us when I am 35 weeks, and who is pro natural child birth. It was something that was really important to me, especially since the midwife I wanted (there is only 1 in Reno that takes insurance!) was already booked to the max and couldn't take me on as a patient. On another note, during our last birthing class our teacher showed us this video: http://vimeo.com/78194797. It was by far one of the most beautiful birth videos I have ever seen (just watch the first 5 minutes). I love how you can clearly see when she is in active labor and then when she goes into transition and soon after she has the baby. Also, this video really tempted me towards a water birth.....but I decided that I would just use the tub for labor and not to give birth. Also, this birth took place at a birthing center inside of a hospital and it made me a tad but jealous of all those that live in Denver and have that option. Coolest birthing center, ever!


No comments:
Post a Comment