10 June 2014

34 Weeks

Now that I am getting closer and closer to this little babe coming, I feel like the time is just rushing by. Just 6 short weeks till he gets here (hopefully), and 3 more weeks until I am considered full term. Although, it does seem like moons ago that we actually found out that we were expecting. 40 weeks is a really long time.  Now for some pregnancy updates!

Cravings/Aversions: Lately I am feeling much like I did in the first trimester  (btw, I never threw up in my first trimester). Sort of nauseous,big heavy meals don't sounds great, and only cold things sound appetizing (popsicles, juice, water, smoothies, string cheese). I really don't have any complaints though, its really not that bad. Just different!  

Books: I am still in the que for Hypnobirthing at the local library, which means I probably won't have time to read it before we move to Reno. I've realized lately that natural childbirth must be "coming back" full swing here in Rexburg, because every book on it at the library has a HUGE waiting list. Now that I am feeling more prepared for the actual labor part of this whole thing, I realized labor will inevitably lead to Robert and I becoming parents. I've read quite a few books on parenting so far (everything from attachment parenting to strict scheduling), but I decided to pick up another one that I had heard great things about, The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. I am LOVING it so far. I feel like its a happy medium between Babywise and The Happiest Baby on the Block. It just fits both mine and Robert's personalities pretty well. 

Exercise: Our little boy completed his second race last saturday (the first was the Thanksgiving Day 5K when I was about 6 1/2 weeks) at the Temple 2 Temple Relay. It was a success and a lot of fun…mostly because our team got 2nd place overall. Races are always more fun when you win :). My exercise regimen has stayed the same, which really surprises me to be honest. I thought I would have had to decrease my mileage or something by now, but I still feel great running 20-25 miles a week. Lifting is still a lot of fun and something I look forward to! Surprisingly both my squat and my clean weight went up, which I wasn't trying to do. I was taking the weight off the bars and I realized it was more than my usual weight. Boom baby, boom. 
PS- my doctor is totally cool with my workout routine still and says everything looks wonderful for both my body and the baby's. (I've had quite a few overly concerned people confront me about this). 

Excitement/Concerns: Now that our move is getting closer I am a little bit concerned that this baby will come before we are ready for him to come. Once we move we only have a little under 4 weeks to set up the nursery (we luckily have a crib), get nursery furniture, get the strollers and carseat. I'd be okay with him coming like a week early, but if he comes any earlier I would probably have a panic attack while I was in labor. I also am having a baby shower this week with my wonderful friends here in Rexburg. 

Baby: Baby boy is just over 4 lbs and between 16-19 inches long. Most will grow about another inch before they are born-within the next week- and focus the rest of their energy gaining weight, roughly 3-4 more lbs before they are born!



No comments:

Post a Comment