First of all, excuse the weird ombre effect on the picture above. For some reason every time I upload the picture to blogger the bottom of the picture turns blue and I have no clue as to why it is doing it.
Now onto pregnancy stuff, I have officially gotten HUGE. I was feeling pretty cute and small still, until I put on this dress and it just seems to make me look, BIG. I really do look like a beached whale (and feeling it, too). Sometime in the last three weeks people have stopped saying "what?! you are 8, almost 9 months pregnant? You are so tiny!" This boy of ours has gone through a growth spurt. Let's just hope it stops right about now :)
Cravings/Aversions: A week and a half ago we moved to Reno. We moved from a high of 72 to a high of 97, and Robert and I are feelings all sorts of hot. All of my cold cravings have intensified and I could eat Slurpees and Sonic slushes all day long (yay for moving somewhere with a Sonic AND 7-11).
Books: Since moving to Reno the realization hit that we are having real live baby boy, and soon. All of the sudden I have this paranoia that I am not prepared enough to actually have this baby and the birth experience I would like. I picked up Your Best Birth at our new library here in Reno and have really enjoyed it. I have noticed that all natural birthing books are pretty similar, but I really like the authors personalities. They are the same producers of the highly controversial documentary "The Business of Being Born", but I feel like to book definately is not quite as biased as the documentary. PS, I LOVED Secrets of the Baby Whisperer. Highly recommended.
Exercise: Robert and I moved from Rexburg to Reno about a week and a half ago, and there was a whole week that went by that neither of us exercised; I blame moving, trying to figure out a new routine, putting together a house, and furniture shopping on that. The last few days we have gone running and it has felt so good! We have these running trails in the hills/mountains behind our house that are absolutely beautiful. Since I don't have access to a gym quite yet, I have been running 3 days a week (about 15 miles a week) and doing Classical Stretch 3 days a week. Things are great!
Excitement/Concerns: Baby is coming this month! It feel pretty great to say that. We are slowly getting the nursery put together. It is pretty high stress knowing we have ~3 weeks to get everything together and looking lovely, but it is getting put together. We painted a dresser, got the crib put together, have a glider (still needs a slip cover). Now just for bedding and a few other things and we should be good to go.
Baby: He is the length of romaine lettuce, which actually seems pretty small for being ~20 inches at 6.5 lbs! He still gains roughly an ounce a week but spends most of his time resting up for his big debut.


No comments:
Post a Comment