01 December 2011

hair by claire


This morning I woke up feeling like Cindy-Loo-Hoo here:

Why, you may ask? The latest "no-heat-curl" fad. For all of you Pinterest -ers, you know what I am talking about. Every time I log onto pinterest there is a new "no-heat-curl" solution. {which usually involve socks, if you haven't noticed} Last night I attempted my sixth no heat curl solution. Success rate: 1 of 6, or 16%. Today, I untied the four socks on the top of my head, to only look like this:
Really though.

For all of you who don't have the greatest success with hair fad's, this blog post for you. Let's just review the basics of hair that seem to have been lost in the commotion of  new hair fads:

The original "no-heat-curl":

Believe it or not, it works! If you want a little volume with some curl/ wave. These little bad boys are just what you need. 

The "never-fail-curl":
 A few people have asked me how I curl my hair like this:


The secret?  You guessed it, a curling iron! Instead of clamping your hair at the bottom and twisting up, you just wrap your little hairs around the iron and hold. 


The "never-fail-bun" {and it won't go out of style}:

This my friends, is a good, classic, bun. If T-Swift can do it, so can you. Surprisingly, the "sock-bun" does in fact work for this. {this is where the 1 of 6 took part}


     


This friends, is a not-fun-bun. The only fun part of this bun is people looking like they are walking around trying to balance an oversized cupcake on their head, and in turn spectators having a fun giggle. This is the attempt at making a "I'm going to hit the gym with a messy bun on the top of my head so my hair doesn't get sweaty from my neck" into something worthwhile. {then again, this is coming from a girl who refuses to let the 70/80's come back into style. The classics are a classic for a reason. Just sayin'.}

The Pony-Tail:
Last but not least. The pony-tail. All you need is just a  hair-elastic and oh! the places you'll go. The perfect hair-do for a formal evening, or working out at the gym. Throw it up straight, curly, short or long. The beauty of the simple things in life that never fail.

There you have it, my two-cents {which you may or may not care for} about always having a solution for your "I don't know what to do with my hair- hair days" when the fad hair-do's just aren't cutting it for you.

Happy Thursday :)

1 comment: