02 July 2012

Dress-up



A while back I mentioned that I was in the middle of becoming a certified fitness/aerobics instructor. Today I taught an aerobics class for a "special population"; my special population of choice was expecting (expecting a baby, that is) and postpartum mothers. My teaching parter is expecting, but for this rest of us, a balloon sufficed. It was probably the most fun I have ever had teaching a fitness class. 
It may or may not have given most of the people in my class baby fever. 

The class after mine had the "special population" of elderly. We danced oldies music the whole time; I'll be honest, I had a little bit of age envy. I'd be down with getting a velvet jumpsuit and boogieing to "Build me Up, Buttercup" any day. 

Moral of the story: You're never too old to pretend play.


No comments:

Post a Comment