Hey, guess what? See that dashing man, right there?
Well, he is going to MEDICAL SCHOOL!
This whole medical school process started long before I ever came into the picture- it just happened to be around the time we got married that the process really started to consume our lives. He was preparing to take the MCAT, starting his hardest pre-med classes, and saving for the ridiculously expensive process to apply to medical school. (folks, they aren't lying when they say just applying to medical school costs an arm and a leg). Let's just say, of the almost 3 years we have been wed, almost everyday has been filled with thoughts and worries about medical school.
He took the MCAT 3 times, and applied for two years in a row. After the first mediocre MCAT score, and the first wave of rejections, I could see his heart sink, wondering if he was really cut out for this dream of his. He persevered- took the MCAT 2 more times and applied once more and finally saw his dream become a reality. He was accepted to a few medical schools, and to our surprise, we had a pretty big choice to make. Granted, this was all about the time we found out we were expecting. There was a lot of change happening in this little life of ours.
Robert loved another school he was accepted to, TCMC in Scranton Pennsylvania. He would frequently get letters from them, and every time he did I think he would weep a little bit on the inside, just a little bit. When I say he really liked the school, I mean he was in LOVE with this school. With more thought, and prayer we decided that although it wasn't his top pick at first UNSOM (University of Nevada School of Medicine) was where we were supposed to be. It was a pretty difficult decision, but this last week we flew over to Reno to visit the campus it was a definite confirmation that this is where we were supposed to be. We are both overjoyed for our move come June, and Robert is even more excited to start medical school in August!
We will be part of the Nevada Wolf Pack!



Fun times! I'm so excited for you guys.
ReplyDelete