Well folks, I am in my sixth month of pregnancy. I was feeling pretty cute and small, until I put on this dress and took my 25 week picture. I feel like a beached whale, and I know I will only get much bigger from here. (At this point in time I am sure everyone who has had a baby and is reading this is probably thinking "oh sister, you have no idea about what it is to feel like a beached whale!") I was looking back at my 8 and 11 week pictures, thinking how I could go and slap my little naive self for ever complaining about my body. Good news though, I can still wear all of my jeans (buttoned)! It's just the tops that prove to be difficult now. Now that I have had my pregnancy rant for the post, here are the updates:
Cravings/Aversions: I feel like a broken record, but I am still all about my morning smoothies, especially my strawberry-protien-peanut butter-post-workout smoothie. But really folks, it's delicious. Bonus, next week we go to Vegas and I can finally get a Slurpee! Bring on summer. Along with smoothies, I seem to always be up for a Subway sandwich of some sort. I am still avoiding sugar and junk foods most days of the week (and completely for the first 10 days of every month) so this little guy doesn't come out just wanting sweets. Interesting fact, I learned that the wider range of foods I eat now usually effects what our boy will be willing to eat when he arrives (i.e., a less picky eater).
Books: I currently don't have anything on my pregnancy book shelf. I have been in line to get A Husband Coached Childbirth: The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth but it seems to be a popular book here in Rexburg, because I have been on the library wait list for a few weeks. I have also been slowly putting together our birth plan so our birthing class teacher can review it. Tonight is our last class, and I am pretty sad it has been ending. I can not recommend the class enough! It has been the best thing for both Robert and I to help prepare.
Exercise: Thankfully my slowly growing baby bump hasn't interfered with my work out routines at all, besides the excessive bath room breaks. I haven't had any weird pain or discomfort (besides my knee, but it's just a sign I am in dying need of new running shoes.....probably 200 miles late). The only adjustment I have had to make is the weight I use for my cross fit/olympic weight lifting. Front squats are definitely more challenging now that I have more weight on my front side than before, making balancing the bar more difficult. Today I also discovered that running puts this little boy to sleep! He seems to be having a party in my belly every hour of the day except for when I run and about 1-2 hours after.
Concerns/Excitement: I am feeling this little man move all the time now. Anytime Robert puts his hand on my stomach little boy will kick/punch/summersault pretty hard in response. Robert likes to think of it like a high-five from the little man.
Baby: Our little guy is the size of an ear of corn and weighs about 1.5 lbs, gaining just under a 1/2 lb per week. His brain is fully developed (it is identical to that of a newborns), and he can distinguish between my voice and Robert's voice. Fun fact, songs or noises that he hears frequently in the womb will calm him (due to recognition) when he is born! (Thank you "What to Expect When You're Expecting").


Claire, I think you should know I ate my weight in chocolate chip cookies when I was pregnant with Robert. You know how health conscious he is. . . and he does enjoy a good cookie now and then.
ReplyDeleteYOU are the cutest mommy EVER!
ReplyDeleteI also ate my weight in various sweets, and it was naughty, but enjoyable (Boston creme donuts!!!). I really, really craved slushies while I was nursing.
With one of my kids, I cried for an hour when my much anticipated Arctic Circle chicken sandwich came without a tomato. Sad.