22 April 2014

27 weeks + Third Trimester!


I am officially in my third trimester and I couldn't be more excited about it! There is just something refreshing about the fact that I am in the home stretch. Sometime in the last two weeks I have really "popped" and most people actually could guess I am pregnant (if they knew me before hand). I am feeling pretty large and in charge. I am carrying this little guy pretty high, which is convenient in the fact that I have had no problems wearing all my normal jeans, but not so nice that he is already all up in my diaphragm and rib cage practicing his wrestling moves. You win some, and lose some. With all of that said, here are some updates:

Craving/Aversions: In the past two weeks I haven't really had any major cravings. There are some days that things sound good, and pizza usually always sounds good but nothing that I absolutely need. Sadly pesto and turkey still make me a little queazy, but it's not really anything to complain about. Funny enough, a week and a half ago was the first time I actually threw up this pregnancy. Let's just say I won't be eating Steak Rancheros from the taco bus anytime soon.

Books: Still nothing on my pregnancy bookshelf as of late. I am mostly (still) working on our birth plan and reading a whole lot of other non pregnancy related books. 

Exercise: I am still going strong with my daily work outs. I have noticed that my muscles seem off as of lately. I am not sure what it is exactly, but my leg muscles seem really tense all the time now. It's almost like I need a good long Classical Stretch session, but even that doesn't seem to help. It was a pregnancy side effect I wasn't expecting! When I was the TA for the Crossfit class on campus, we really emphasized doing third world squats. (If you don't know what it is, think of a 2 year old squatting down or someone going to the bathroom in a third world country. Most people in the western world squat down and come up on their toes instead of staying flat on their feet). I don't know why, but I had completely forgotten about doing them, until this morning when I was working out with my little sister. She was doing them while we were stretching and I realized that if anyone needs to be doing third world squats, it's a pregnant woman! So yes, I am adding 3rd world squats back into my routine in hopes that maybe it will help with these muscle cramps and birth :)

Concerns/Excitement: We have decided to move to Reno, and have a place to live! Sadly, I have called a few doctors there and most are pretty hesitant to take on a patient that is 35 weeks along. So, right now I am mostly concerned that I won't have a midwife or doctor to help deliver this baby. Worst case scenario, they said I would just go into the ER when I go into labor. Yes, it stresses me out a bit, but I figure it will work out. 

Baby: Our baby is the size of a green onion, weighing 2 lbs! He can open and close his eyes, suck his thumb and all of his movements are coordinated now. Apparently his brain is more sophisticated now than it was two weeks ago. All of this adds up to a very active little boy who I can feel very strongly, all the time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment