06 September 2014

Football Season! (aka- eat fancy food season!)

On Friday UNR had their first home game of the football season! My dad and mom were both up here for a USHE Board of Regents meeting (the board that governs all higher education in Nevada) and so we were invited to attend the President's Tailgate party. 






The tailgate party (if you want to call it that), was just a fancy catered dinner with lots of people who probably wouldn't be seen at an actual tailgate party eating nachos and hot dogs :), but our little son Calvin was the hit of the party. Everyone oooed and awed over him; I am so used to living in Rexburg that I forgot most people haven't seen or held a 6 week old in years! 

After the dinner Robert went home to study for his first exam on Monday and put Calvin to bed, and the rest of us headed up to the presidents box to watch the game- which involved- yep, you guessed it, more catered food :). 


I've never really been a big "let's go dress up in team colors and watch football" kind of person. At all. But after my dad was elected into the board of regents and football games included eating fancy food in the presidents box on padded chairs, I became a TOTAL football fan. That's how I do sports, and it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment