Rexburg is honestly the greatest little town in the world; yeah it has is oddities, but I love it! I love that it's so close to the outdoors, I love the spirit that resides in the town, and I love that the people are humble and kind and the whole "keeping up with the Jones'" hasn't overtaken the town. I was so excited when I had the chance to go back with little Calvin last week! Natalie & Mark finally got to meet him, as well as my grandma, aunt and some cousins!
Calvin was actually a champ making the 9-hour-turned-12-hour journey (thank you crazy storm that washed out the I-15)! He mostly just stared at his dog.
When we got there my mom & dad (who decided to fly instead of drive 12 hours :) and grandma met us in Rexburg for some Craigo's! (aka- pizza pie cafe)
I pulled out the camera and the first thing he did was his "cheesy face".
On Saturday we spent the afternoon in Blackfoot enjoying the last bits of Summer with Aunt Sandy, Alicia, her kids and Abby. Grandmas apple tree was over flowing so we spent some quality time picking bushels of apples.
Calvin also spent time bonding with Grandma (who I nicknamed the baby whisperer)
On Friday morning we woke up and helped Natalie finish harvesting her massive garden since the first freeze came that night. She harvests corn by the wheelbarrows and Emerson loves to help by shucking his own corn (one piece at a time) and eating it raw.
We love Idaho!
I was also lucky enough to go and visit some good friends, but sadly I didn't get any pictures. We sure have been blessed to meet some wonderful, lifelong friends in Rexburg. We love you guys and miss you!
















No comments:
Post a Comment