02 September 2014

This New Life

In the past two months we have moved from Rexburg to Reno, had a baby and started medical school. Needless to say in the past two months my life has done a complete 180 and it took me a while to adjust, but I feel like we finally have some consistency and a routine down in this new life of ours!

And this is what we have been up to:

We spent a considerable amount of time preparing the nursery for our new addition. My friend Tiffany painted the wood plank art for my baby shower gift, inspired by RH Baby & Child. I am obsessed with it! She did such a good job.  


Before little Calvin joined our family Robert was "nesting" and he painted the USS Constitution on wood plank for Calvin's bathroom.
While he was busy painting, so was I! It took us about three weeks, but we found a dresser for Calvin's room. There were some nicks on it, and I didn't want a pure white dresser for his room. I was inspired by a two tone dresser on Censtational Girl, and decided to go for it. We painted the drawers blue, and then mixed it with white for the rest of the dresser. I still don't have a picture of the finished dresser because I am still trying to find descent knobs to replace the battered ones with. 

Before: (still no after picture :)

In the last few weeks as I have adjusted to only having 45 minutes of Robert's time a day, I have made a goal to do one home/ crafty project a week. Sadly, it is a lot harder to accomplish with a 6 week old than one would expect. 

My paint dipped kitchen jars:


 Calvin's car seat canopy:


 Along with my projects and Robert's studying, we have this little ham to keep us me busy.
Robert is good enough to get Clavin ready for bed each night. We have the same routine: bath, lotion massage, PJ's, bottle, swaddle and song. While Robert draws Calvin's bath he will stick Calvin's feet in the running water and Calvin loves it! (Even if his face says otherwise). Lately Robert has been teaching Calvin all about Embryology while they do their night time routine. (Med school really is on Robert's mind, all the time)




And…he is officially in his 0-3 month clothing! Which also means he can finally rock his Toms…cue the happy dance.


No comments:

Post a Comment