In celebration of completing our Junior year of Higher Education, we decided to go camping! There is so much to do up here, and we were stoked to finally take advantage of it. On Friday night we headed out to Swan Valley to camp.

I guess Swan Valley is famous for square ice cream. So we got some. It was pretty good.
Nat & Mark used to live up here in Idaho, and they told us their secret camping spot where a moose walked through their camp site. We didn't get anything that cool, just a bunch (about 15) cows. It was pretty sweet though; our camp site was right next to the creek and we were about the only campers in a mile radius.
Did I mention that somehow our suitcase/clothing bag got left at home? Yeah- that seems to be a trend with me. I had 16 mosquito bites within the first 15 minutes of being at our campsite, so wrapping my legs in a blanket and putting on Roberts hoodie was my saving grace.
Also- roasting Starburts are a million times better than s'mores. You should probably try it. Just sayin'. (If you hadn't noticed, I had my life time intake of sugar in about 3 hours)
On Saturday morning we got up and made the 7 mile hike to Upper Palisades. It was gorgeous!
We have become pro self-timer photographers- except maybe a few times. A fail in action ^.
Since we are training for another marathon (and a half this weekend, whoot whoot!), we decided to just run back down instead of hike back down. I think it's our new favorite way to hike.
Also- while we were running back down we saw llama's. Yeah. I thought I was going crazy too, but people were really riding Llamas up to the lake!
Nice to see you having fun!!
ReplyDelete