22 November 2011

people, cool people.

A few weeks ago Robert & I were called to be Ward Missionaries for our church. You are all probably thinking "what the junk? Really Claire, you live in Rexburg a.k.a 98% Republican & 98% Mormon". Confession: I thought the same exact thing. To my surprise, it has been a very enlightening and enjoyable experience.{maybe some of it is because I get to serve with Robert}. We get to go into each of the members homes and teach them the first missionary discussion. We have met amazing people; the church members in our ward are incredible. Another part of our calling is going to our Bishops home on Monday nights for Family Home Evening and teach a lesson.

While I was preparing the lesson for last night, I ran across this little video:



cute, right? I loved all of the little things all the random people in New York came up with on the spot! Yes, it is Thanksgiving time. It is my FAVORITE holiday, the reason being that we get to spend time together as a family like Christmas, but without all the materialism and shopping/ present stress. It just makes me happy.

After watching the video I made a little list of the things I am grateful for this year:


My {now} Husband. He one the most patient and kind men I have ever met, and he always seems to put himself last. Robert is even humble enough to ask me for fashion advice. I am also grateful that he is willing to try new crazy things; especially because I love trying new things and he never seems to get exhausted of it. Did I also mention he cleans our house pretty much every week?


This Sister. She is the oldest and has always been a great example to me. Everyone told me that I was an exact replica of her, and I was happy to be thought of as such. Somehow she always finds something new to tackle and has inspired me to be willing to learn new things.

This other sister.  I love how excited and helpful she would get about whatever I would tell her; wether it was about boy or deciding what to wear. She also helped me plan like my whole wedding, and convinced me that Robert did really like me and I was over thinking everything {perusual}. She also is a great mom with two adorable boys.

And, This Sister. She was my best friend growing up and she taught me to not stress out about little things, especially because I was a major perfectionist going into High School. I would say we are a lot a like, but she is probably more humble and selfless than I am. She married an awesome guy and they are just a cool couple.

Annnnd, this sister, Collette: {She fails and doesn't have a blog}. She is pretty cool. She is training for an IronMan, and she inspired me to run a marathon! She helped me realize that my little body can do anything if I treat it right. She also is like the healthiest eater ever and has taught me how to eat yummy and healthy. She also is a pro at balancing having fun and working hard, she is just hilarious!

Lastly, this sister Layney-Cakes: First, in the last year I am pretty sure she has visited every single state to visit friends. No joke, she knows people EVERYWHERE. Everyone just loves her. Layne and I were the last ones together {plus nat} and I loved growing up with her. Even though she has almond eyes and I make inappropriate racial jokes about her, I love her and her spunkiness. Did I also mention she is a master chief? I'll admit it, my little sister pretty much taught me how to cook.

My Parentos: They are incredible people. Both of them had to overcome a lot to be where they are today and I thank the Lord everyday I was blessed with parents who taught me about the gospel, how to save my money, to not indulge myself, appreciation of other cultures and religions, the love of traveling and the love and importance of education.

This Family: My in-laws are too, incredible people. I was blessed with in-laws that I love spending time with. They always know how to laugh and I love that they just embrace the fact that life is rough, but you make the best of it and be happy!





This Friend. Sarah Childs is the best friend a girl could ask for! I love her to pieces, and she helped me grow so much as we went through middle school and high school together. She is going on a mission in January and the people of Japan are going to be so blessed to have her. :)

Believe me, the list could go on forever, but for now I am grateful for these people. They have helped me become the girl I am today and I am grateful the Lord blessed me with them.

3 comments:

  1. And Claire: One of the most abmitious, loving, marathon running, beautiful, and down right inspring women ever. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Claire, one of the most amazing blessings in my life, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for you because of your desire to do the right, to be your best and that you work so hard at whatever you do. And most importantly, you are my daughter, and I love you after carrying you for 9.5 months, devoting my life to you and always believing in your greatness. Yes, you love whom you serve.

    ReplyDelete