05 November 2011

Pomegranate Love

Midterms. Yes, they are over. Robert and I couldn't be happier. We both have managed to get an A on every single test we have taken this semester {except for one, which we just don't talk about} and are very grateful that we are both studious, more or less.

Last weekend my family came up from Las Vegas and brought us pomegranates from their voluptuous pomegranate tree; as it so happened our Bountiful Baskets was bountiful in pomegranates. Last night we finally got around to peeling and bagging the seeds. Half for the freezer, and the other half for the fridge. {we put them in anything and everything, really}

This morning I woke up Robert making whole-wheat pomegranate waffles for breakfast in bed! We cuddled in bed, ate Robert's delicious waffles and watched the snow-fall. Yes, it was a perfect morning. 
To top the day off  we even got around to milling our wheat! Last week we got our new Kitchen-Aid toy:

A Grain Mill!
Needless to say, I was excited to use it. In celebration I made cranberry {sugar-free, whole wheat} pumpkin bread. Okay, I will say it, it sounds weird, but delicious! 

 I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday! We will be just breaking the cardinal rule and listening to christmas music before Thanksgiving while watching the snow and eating Zucchinni Pizza & cranberry pumpkin bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment