Ten years ago my dad decided to sign up his whole family for the Las Vegas Running Teams "Catch the Gobbler" 5K. We all complained about waking up at 5 am to go run; worst idea ever. Ten years later, it is the thing my family looks forward to most on Thanksgiving, except for the waking up at 5 part. {We all still complain about that} My sister out in Boston still keeps the tradition!
Robert made a 20 min. time. Even if he doesn't train, that man's body kicks into CC race mode. I don't know how he does it. I wondered in 7 minutes later with a time of 27:07 {it's been a while since I have run}.
{this isn't the whole racing crew, somehow Mel, Mom & Caleb always get out of pictures}
The rest of the afternoon consisted of too many women in the kitchen, but a wicked good dinner. My little sister makes an out-of-this-world pumpkin risotto and my mouth waters just thinking about it. Natalie's famous turkey, corn-bread stuffing, garlic green beans, mmm. Perfect Thanksgiving.
My parents love having guests over for the Holidays. I can't remember a Thanksgiving or a Christmas where it has been just our family, and I love it! This year our neighbors Christiana & Jose came over for dinner. I just love them, they are the funniest couple! Jose found some turtles last week {which may or may not be illegal}and is keeping them through the Winter so they survive. Jose brought them over and everyone loved playing with them!
{Robert did too, even if he doesn't look too enthralled}
The evening ended with the family going to see The Muppets with our cousins and then over to our house for a dessert party. Every year it seems like food & desserts just keep getting better and better. There were multiple pumpkin cheesecakes, apple crumble {soooo good. go mom.} and a pecan. {Those were the only ones I ate within the last four days} The worst part about Thanksgiving is not being able to try everything.
Robert and I managed to get on, stand-by, to our flight this morning! It was a perfect break.
Hope everyone had a perfectThanksgiving :)




Ten years ago, we did the same thing (5K) and we've been doing it ever since. Your family needs to stop paying and come to the Tule Springs FREE Thanksgiving 5K though.
ReplyDelete